Skip to main content

60 Christmas Dinner Ideas

These Christmas dinner ideas will leave your guests merry and bright, with cozy mains, hearty sides, and decadent desserts all bursting with holiday cheer and versatile for different diets!

Christmas dinner ideas: shepherd's pie

What to serve for Christmas dinner? Fear not, holiday hosts, here is your one-stop guide to crafting a Christmas dinner that will have your family singing your praises (and maybe even requesting seconds!).

After hosting this holiday for years, here are my top Christmas dinner ideas for entertaining a crowd! From comforting casseroles to Christmas side dishes, Christmas appetizers, festive Christmas desserts and holiday cocktails, I’ve got something for everyone. When I’m entertaining, I try to have options available many diets, including vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free. These are my top recipes to make sure your Christmas dinner will wow everyone.

Top Christmas Dinner Ideas

Planning a Christmas Dinner Menu

When I’m building a Christmas dinner menu, I think about a showstopper main dish, and then simple side dishes I can add alongside. I try to do at least one salad and one starch, and bonus points if they can be made ahead.

Also, I usually go for a soup for Christmas eve dinner, like wild rice soup or Italian lentil soup. Then I go big on Christmas dinner the next day!

Don’t be afraid to assign dishes to helpers. I’ve found the easiest to delegate are appetizers or desserts.

Make-Ahead Christmas Dinner Tips

Casseroles like baked ziti, stuffed shells, and lasagna roll-ups can often be assembled in advance and refrigerated, then baked when ready to serve.

Many appetizers shine when prepared in advance. Cheese balls, dips, and cranberry sauce all get better in the fridge when made in advance. You can even assemble a cheese board in advance and refrigerate.

For sides, mashed potatoes can be made entirely ahead and reheated gently with extra butter and cream. Salad components work well when stored separately and then tossed right before serving.

More Christmas recipes

Want more options? Browse by type with all our Christmas recipes:



from A Couple Cooks https://ift.tt/SbzHQjr

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Boil Beets

Here’s a step by step tutorial on how to boil beets on the stovetop until they’re perfectly tender! This easy method is perfect for adding this root vegetable to salads, side dishes, soups, and more. Looking to cook up some beets? I’m a big fan of this nutritious pink root vegetable (after years of avoiding it!). I love it in anything from a beet salad to soup to beet hummus . There are several ways to cook beets: you can roast them or pressure cook them . But one of the quickest ways is to boil them on the stovetop! Boiling beets is simple and quick: it’s my favorite method when I’m in a hurry. How long to boil beets? Boiling beets is a fast and easy method: small beets boil in about 20 minutes, medium beets in 30 minutes, and large beets in 40 minutes. Compared to about 1 hour to roast beets, it’s a big time savings! Making oven roasted beets does accentuate their sweet flavor a bit more, so that’s my preferred method. But if you’re in a hurry, boiling beets is th...

Mediterranean Quinoa Salad

This Mediterranean quinoa salad is loaded with crisp vegetables, salty feta, and a bright lemon-Dijon dressing! It tastes better the longer it sits: perfect as a meal prep lunch or easy side dish. Here’s a delicious meal-prep friendly salad that you need in your life: my Mediterranean quinoa salad! Readers loved this Mediterranean chickpea salad so much that I had to do a spin on it with one of my favorite whole grains. This recipe takes inspiration from the flavors of the region: crunchy veggies, green olives, lemon zest, and crumbled that work together to make a true personality . Plus, it holds up over time so it tastes great for 5 days of the week. I love it as a lunch salad or with air fryer chicken or air fryer salmon bites as a simple dinner! Why You’ll Love This Recipe Packed with plant protein from chickpeas and quinoa Bright, bold flavor from lemon zest, fresh parsley, and briny olives Full of healthy ingredients : it’s gluten-free, vegetarian, and Mediter...

How to Season Quinoa

My go-to quinoa seasoning turns the classic whole grain into an irresistible, flavorful side. It’s made with a few pantry staples and is endlessly versatile! If you’ve ever thought quinoa was bland, think again! This is my go-to way to season it, and it’s absolutely irresistible when it comes to flavor. It’s the recipe that convinced my family to fall in love with quinoa!   With just a few simple ingredients, you can turn this humble grain into something crave-worthy. I’ll walk you through my classic seasoning method first, and then share some fun flavor variations you can try for other quinoa-based dishes . My Favorite Seasoning Option  This whole grain has a naturally bitter and nutty flavor. With the right ingredients, though, you can easily flavor quinoa so that these bitter and nutty notes aren’t overpowering your palate.  Here’s what I use in my classic seasoning to make quinoa taste delicious:  Butter : The light sweetness and richness ...