Skip to main content

35 Meatless Monday Recipes

These delicious Meatless Monday recipes make plant-based eating exciting and satisfying! From hearty burgers to creative bowls, these vegetarian and vegan meals please eaters of all kinds.

Meatless Monday Recipes

A few years ago, Alex and I committed to one meatless dinner per week: partly for health, partly to help our grocery bills. That meatless meal ended up being one of the most delicious in our week, so we started adding other days of the week too!

Fast forward to today, and I’m a cookbook author who specializes in vegetarian and vegan recipes! Naturally, I love the Meatless Monday movement to eat meatless meals one day per week. Whether you’re eating this way one day or every day, here are all my top Meatless Monday ideas to make plant based eating satisfying and delicious!

What is Meatless Monday?

Meatless Monday is a global movement with the message: one day a week, cut the meat. It was launched in 2003 as a non-profit initiative of The Monday Campaigns, working with the Center for a Livable Future (CLF) at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.

The goal is to reduce meat consumption by 15% for our personal health and the health of the planet. Today, Meatless Monday is embraced in over 40 countries and in over 20 languages!

35 Meatless Monday Recipes

Tips for Making Meatless Monday Work

Start with familiar flavors. I didn’t jump straight into ambitious vegan recipes. I started with easy quesadillas filled with beans instead of chicken, and vegetarian fajitas loaded with peppers, onions, and pinto beans. Once those felt natural, I branched out.

Stock your pantry strategically. I always keep canned chickpeas, lentils, and black beans on hand. With those basics, I can usually throw together everything from chickpea curry to lentil sloppy joes without a grocery trip.

Load up on seasoning. Vegetables need more love than meat does. Combining spices like garlic powder, smoked paprika, and cumin, and a finishing hit of lemon makes vegetables taste extremely delicious.



from A Couple Cooks https://ift.tt/K4MhAxU

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Boil Beets

Here’s a step by step tutorial on how to boil beets on the stovetop until they’re perfectly tender! This easy method is perfect for adding this root vegetable to salads, side dishes, soups, and more. Looking to cook up some beets? I’m a big fan of this nutritious pink root vegetable (after years of avoiding it!). I love it in anything from a beet salad to soup to beet hummus . There are several ways to cook beets: you can roast them or pressure cook them . But one of the quickest ways is to boil them on the stovetop! Boiling beets is simple and quick: it’s my favorite method when I’m in a hurry. How long to boil beets? Boiling beets is a fast and easy method: small beets boil in about 20 minutes, medium beets in 30 minutes, and large beets in 40 minutes. Compared to about 1 hour to roast beets, it’s a big time savings! Making oven roasted beets does accentuate their sweet flavor a bit more, so that’s my preferred method. But if you’re in a hurry, boiling beets is th...

Mediterranean Quinoa Salad

This Mediterranean quinoa salad is loaded with crisp vegetables, salty feta, and a bright lemon-Dijon dressing! It tastes better the longer it sits: perfect as a meal prep lunch or easy side dish. Here’s a delicious meal-prep friendly salad that you need in your life: my Mediterranean quinoa salad! Readers loved this Mediterranean chickpea salad so much that I had to do a spin on it with one of my favorite whole grains. This recipe takes inspiration from the flavors of the region: crunchy veggies, green olives, lemon zest, and crumbled that work together to make a true personality . Plus, it holds up over time so it tastes great for 5 days of the week. I love it as a lunch salad or with air fryer chicken or air fryer salmon bites as a simple dinner! Why You’ll Love This Recipe Packed with plant protein from chickpeas and quinoa Bright, bold flavor from lemon zest, fresh parsley, and briny olives Full of healthy ingredients : it’s gluten-free, vegetarian, and Mediter...

How to Season Quinoa

My go-to quinoa seasoning turns the classic whole grain into an irresistible, flavorful side. It’s made with a few pantry staples and is endlessly versatile! If you’ve ever thought quinoa was bland, think again! This is my go-to way to season it, and it’s absolutely irresistible when it comes to flavor. It’s the recipe that convinced my family to fall in love with quinoa!   With just a few simple ingredients, you can turn this humble grain into something crave-worthy. I’ll walk you through my classic seasoning method first, and then share some fun flavor variations you can try for other quinoa-based dishes . My Favorite Seasoning Option  This whole grain has a naturally bitter and nutty flavor. With the right ingredients, though, you can easily flavor quinoa so that these bitter and nutty notes aren’t overpowering your palate.  Here’s what I use in my classic seasoning to make quinoa taste delicious:  Butter : The light sweetness and richness ...