Skip to main content

Everything Bagel Dip

This delicious Everything Bagel dip made with Greek yogurt is perfect for parties and entertaining or simple snacking! Everyone loves this easy appetizer recipe and it takes only 5 minutes to mix up.

Everything Bagel Dip

I’ve always been a huge fan of Everything Bagel seasoning – I mean, who isn’t? The other day I was thinking of creative uses for the seasoning and thought, why not turn it into a quick and easy dip?

I love our Greek yogurt-based ranch dip, so I made a variation using Greek yogurt instead. The Greek yogurt provides an amazing creamy base with a slight tang that actually enhances the savory everything bagel flavors. The combination of Greek yogurt and just a touch of mayonnaise gives you all the creaminess you want without the heaviness. Plus, you’re getting a solid dose of protein – something most dips definitely can’t claim!

Pro tips for Everything Bagel dip

A few months ago, I brought this everything bagel dip as a last-minute book club snack and everyone raved! My friend actually asked me to text her the recipe before she even left my house. What makes this dip nice is that it’s lighter than your typical cream cheese or sour cream-based dips. I use Greek yogurt as the base, which gives it that same creamy, tangy richness with more protein and fewer calories. Here are a few tips:

  • Seasoning blend: The key to this dip is really in the seasoning blend. Sometimes I use my homemade everything bagel seasoning, but store-bought works perfectly too. The magic happens when you combine it with onion powder and garlic powder for extra depth.
  • Chill time: While I typically eat this dip right away, I’ve found that letting the dip sit for at least 30 minutes before serving does make a difference. This gives all those dried spices time to meld together, creating a much more cohesive flavor.
  • Garnish: Always save a little extra everything bagel seasoning to sprinkle on top right before serving. It adds a nice visual element and gives you pops of sesame and poppy seeds with every bite.

Pairings and serving ideas

This dip is incredibly versatile, which is part of why I love it so much. For dipping, I like to serve it with:

  • Fresh cut vegetables like bell peppers, carrots, and cucumber slices
  • Toasted baguette slices or homemade crostini
  • Crackers (I like these homemade crackers if I have time)
  • Pretzel chips for extra crunch

It would also be great as:

For entertaining, I love serving this alongside other easy appetizers like my classic hummus recipe or Greek yogurt veggie dip. It creates a nice variety without requiring tons of prep work.

Storage and make ahead tips

This everything bagel dip keeps in the refrigerator for up to 1 week in an airtight container. I actually think it tastes better after a day or two because the flavors continue to develop.

You can make this dip up to 2 days in advance, which makes it ideal for parties. Just give it a quick stir before serving and add that final sprinkle of everything bagel seasoning on top for the freshest look.

If you’re serving this at a party, consider putting it in a shallow bowl rather than a deep one. It makes it easier for guests to dip without making a mess, and you can create a nicer presentation with that final garnish of everything bagel seasoning.

Dietary notes

This everything bagel dip is vegetarian and gluten-free. For vegan, substitute vegan coconut yogurt and vegan mayonnaise.

Print

Everything Bagel Dip

Everything Bagel Dip

5 Stars 4 Stars 3 Stars 2 Stars 1 Star

No reviews

This delicious Everything Bagel dip made with Greek yogurt is perfect for parties and entertaining or simple snacking! Everyone loves this easy appetizer recipe and it takes only 5 minutes to mix up.

  • Author: Sonja Overhiser
  • Prep Time: 5 minutes
  • Cook Time: 0 minutes
  • Total Time: 5 minutes
  • Yield: 2 cups
  • Category: Snack
  • Method: No Cook
  • Cuisine: American
  • Diet: Vegetarian

Ingredients

  • 1 ½ cups (18 ounces) full fat Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
  • ½ cup mayonnaise
  • 1 ½ tablespoons everything bagel seasoning, plus more to garnish
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
  • Fresh ground black pepper

Instructions

  1. Stir together all ingredients in a bowl. Enjoy immediately or refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving to allow flavors to meld. Store up to 1 week refrigerated.

Did you love this recipe?

Get our free newsletter with all of our best recipes!

More easy dips

If you love this 5 minute dip, here are a few more dips that are perfect for snacking or entertaining:



from A Couple Cooks https://ift.tt/H7JRC6W

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Boil Beets

Here’s a step by step tutorial on how to boil beets on the stovetop until they’re perfectly tender! This easy method is perfect for adding this root vegetable to salads, side dishes, soups, and more. Looking to cook up some beets? I’m a big fan of this nutritious pink root vegetable (after years of avoiding it!). I love it in anything from a beet salad to soup to beet hummus . There are several ways to cook beets: you can roast them or pressure cook them . But one of the quickest ways is to boil them on the stovetop! Boiling beets is simple and quick: it’s my favorite method when I’m in a hurry. How long to boil beets? Boiling beets is a fast and easy method: small beets boil in about 20 minutes, medium beets in 30 minutes, and large beets in 40 minutes. Compared to about 1 hour to roast beets, it’s a big time savings! Making oven roasted beets does accentuate their sweet flavor a bit more, so that’s my preferred method. But if you’re in a hurry, boiling beets is th...

Mediterranean Quinoa Salad

This Mediterranean quinoa salad is loaded with crisp vegetables, salty feta, and a bright lemon-Dijon dressing! It tastes better the longer it sits: perfect as a meal prep lunch or easy side dish. Here’s a delicious meal-prep friendly salad that you need in your life: my Mediterranean quinoa salad! Readers loved this Mediterranean chickpea salad so much that I had to do a spin on it with one of my favorite whole grains. This recipe takes inspiration from the flavors of the region: crunchy veggies, green olives, lemon zest, and crumbled that work together to make a true personality . Plus, it holds up over time so it tastes great for 5 days of the week. I love it as a lunch salad or with air fryer chicken or air fryer salmon bites as a simple dinner! Why You’ll Love This Recipe Packed with plant protein from chickpeas and quinoa Bright, bold flavor from lemon zest, fresh parsley, and briny olives Full of healthy ingredients : it’s gluten-free, vegetarian, and Mediter...

How to Season Quinoa

My go-to quinoa seasoning turns the classic whole grain into an irresistible, flavorful side. It’s made with a few pantry staples and is endlessly versatile! If you’ve ever thought quinoa was bland, think again! This is my go-to way to season it, and it’s absolutely irresistible when it comes to flavor. It’s the recipe that convinced my family to fall in love with quinoa!   With just a few simple ingredients, you can turn this humble grain into something crave-worthy. I’ll walk you through my classic seasoning method first, and then share some fun flavor variations you can try for other quinoa-based dishes . My Favorite Seasoning Option  This whole grain has a naturally bitter and nutty flavor. With the right ingredients, though, you can easily flavor quinoa so that these bitter and nutty notes aren’t overpowering your palate.  Here’s what I use in my classic seasoning to make quinoa taste delicious:  Butter : The light sweetness and richness ...