Skip to main content

Craveable Salads Recipe Guide

When Alex and I first started getting interested in healthy eating, it started with learning to make our own homemade salad dressings.

Not only are they so much more delicious than store bought, they’re free from additives and preservatives.

Fast forward to today, and we now have a full website with thousands of recipes and two cookbooks. (You could say we got into it! (😂)

Here are our top salad dressings and salad recipes so that you can enjoy them, too!

My top 5 salad dressing recipes

1. Balsamic vinaigrette

Balsamic Vinaigrette

I can’t tell you how many times we’ve made this! It’s simple and comes out perfectly creamy every time (thanks to Dijon mustard).

2. Italian dressing

Italian Dressing

This is probably the most popular dressing recipe on our website! It’s zingy and perfect on our favorite chopped salad.

3. Honey mustard dressing

Honey Mustard Dressing

This one is the perfect balance of sweet and savory, and it has a formula that’s easy to memorize!

4. Caesar dressing

Caesar dressing

It’s classic for a reason! My favorite is the Greek yogurt spin listed in the recipe. You can also try our Vegan Caesar Dressing.

5. Green goddess dressing

Green goddess dressing

I don’t often like to dirty my blender, but this one is absolutely worth it! The flavor is so fresh and creamy.

More easy salad dressing recipes

There are so many more to try. Here are our top 30 salad dressing recipes to make at home, from vinaigrettes to creamy dressings, sweet, fruity, spicy, and more.

White Wine Vinaigrette

My top 10 salad recipes

1. Strawberry salad

Strawberry Salad recipe

I could literally eat this every day! If you saw me make this on Instagram, I used pickled red onions for a tangy crunch and some chopped cucumbers.

2. Chopped salad

Chopped salad

This is our most popular salad on this website, and it’s been made and loved by thousands of readers! It’s especially great with added protein to make it it a main dish, try it with:

3. Arugula salad

Arugula Salad

This really is the simplest salad you’ll ever make—you don’t even need a dressing! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve made this one. You can also dress it up with other ingredients, like an Apple Arugula Salad or Arugula Beet Salad.

4. Caesar salad

Caesar Salad recipe

Caesar salad is one thing, but a homemade Caesar salad is next level good! Often I like to add protein to make it a meal—here are my favorite variations:

5. Romaine lettuce salad with Green goddess

Romaine Salad

This one is so simple and pretty! I love the bright colors and it’s fun to add breadcrumbs for a crunch (a nice alternative to croutons).

6. Lemony kale salad

Tuscan kale salad

You will go crazy for this zingy garlicky dressing! Another option is this Kale Caesar Salad, which I also love.

7. Mediterranean salad

Mediterranean salad

This salad recipe is so refreshing and vibrant, and packed with flavors! This goes well with our Mediterranean diet recipes. It’s great for adding protein to make it a meal—see the Chopped Salad notes above.

8. Mexican chopped salad

Mexican salad

This is such a fun salad recipe—I love the crunchy tortilla strips! It pairs well with tacos or enchiladas. Try it with our Enchilada Casserole, Chicken Enchiladas, Vegetarian Enchiladas, Shrimp Tacos, or Black Bean Tacos.

9. Apple salad (or pear salad)

Apple Salad

This is the salad I’ve served the most to guests! Anything with pomegranate seeds is a win in my book. Also try this Pear Salad or Pomegranate Salad for a similar concept.

10. Sweet potato salad

Sweet Potato Salad

If you have time to make roasted sweet potatoes, this salad is absolutely worth it! It has that sweet and savory combination that makes me crave it (really).

More salad recipes

There are so many more to try! Here are my top 60 salad recipes—including bean and lentil salads, pasta salads, potato salads, and more.

Pear Gorgonzola Salad


from A Couple Cooks https://ift.tt/wK21dUN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Boil Beets

Here’s a step by step tutorial on how to boil beets on the stovetop until they’re perfectly tender! This easy method is perfect for adding this root vegetable to salads, side dishes, soups, and more. Looking to cook up some beets? I’m a big fan of this nutritious pink root vegetable (after years of avoiding it!). I love it in anything from a beet salad to soup to beet hummus . There are several ways to cook beets: you can roast them or pressure cook them . But one of the quickest ways is to boil them on the stovetop! Boiling beets is simple and quick: it’s my favorite method when I’m in a hurry. How long to boil beets? Boiling beets is a fast and easy method: small beets boil in about 20 minutes, medium beets in 30 minutes, and large beets in 40 minutes. Compared to about 1 hour to roast beets, it’s a big time savings! Making oven roasted beets does accentuate their sweet flavor a bit more, so that’s my preferred method. But if you’re in a hurry, boiling beets is th...

Mediterranean Quinoa Salad

This Mediterranean quinoa salad is loaded with crisp vegetables, salty feta, and a bright lemon-Dijon dressing! It tastes better the longer it sits: perfect as a meal prep lunch or easy side dish. Here’s a delicious meal-prep friendly salad that you need in your life: my Mediterranean quinoa salad! Readers loved this Mediterranean chickpea salad so much that I had to do a spin on it with one of my favorite whole grains. This recipe takes inspiration from the flavors of the region: crunchy veggies, green olives, lemon zest, and crumbled that work together to make a true personality . Plus, it holds up over time so it tastes great for 5 days of the week. I love it as a lunch salad or with air fryer chicken or air fryer salmon bites as a simple dinner! Why You’ll Love This Recipe Packed with plant protein from chickpeas and quinoa Bright, bold flavor from lemon zest, fresh parsley, and briny olives Full of healthy ingredients : it’s gluten-free, vegetarian, and Mediter...

How to Season Quinoa

My go-to quinoa seasoning turns the classic whole grain into an irresistible, flavorful side. It’s made with a few pantry staples and is endlessly versatile! If you’ve ever thought quinoa was bland, think again! This is my go-to way to season it, and it’s absolutely irresistible when it comes to flavor. It’s the recipe that convinced my family to fall in love with quinoa!   With just a few simple ingredients, you can turn this humble grain into something crave-worthy. I’ll walk you through my classic seasoning method first, and then share some fun flavor variations you can try for other quinoa-based dishes . My Favorite Seasoning Option  This whole grain has a naturally bitter and nutty flavor. With the right ingredients, though, you can easily flavor quinoa so that these bitter and nutty notes aren’t overpowering your palate.  Here’s what I use in my classic seasoning to make quinoa taste delicious:  Butter : The light sweetness and richness ...